directions icon
directions icon
The Mission of SDTTA is to foster a community of table tennis enthusiasts; a place where players of all levels can discover their passion for the sport, develop their skills and health, and compete regularly in a friendly atmosphere.

Meeting Minutes: 07-10-2017

July 10th, 2017
Monday July 10, 2017

Meeting called to order at 7:10pm; Board members present Behnam Kazemi, Dennis Seisun, Steve McGrew, Perry Schwartzberg and Jorge Calderon. Absent: Borko Dragojlovic and Mario Lopez. Also present Pisa Ketthong, James Khan and Jenny Hoang.

Board Meeting minutes from June’s meeting were approved.

Pisa commented on some members being confused about who are the coaches in the club; at this time since Borko stopped coaching for health reasons, only Perry and Pisa are registered as club coaches and Yang Jang has started the application process.

Borko has resigned to the Board position and Jenny has agreed to step in until the new elections at the end of the year. Motion approved.

A tournament participant’s request for a refund was determined to be forwarded to the organizer, Atilla. Agreed by all members.

Steve and Perry indicated that (105) new  barriers were in, at a cost of $5,250. Some of the old barriers are in need of replacement of the rubber footings. The remaining old barriers will be offered/sold to club members wanting them.

The annual picnic will take place on Saturday Sept 9th at noon. Combination of pot luck and some catering by the club. James will be in charge. Advertising the picnic and providing some prizes was discussed, more to follow next month.

Steve reported he is working on ordering shirts with the Club’s Logo for sale to members, the approximate cost around $20. Agreed to order 50 shirts in different sizes.

Board members encouraged to remind players to fold tables and put barriers away after using them, mostly within last two hours of club’s operation, after 7 – 7:30 depending on the week day, and, when round robin is over on Thursdays.

It was agreed to recognize Borko for all the years he supported the club’s activities and held the Saturday Senior’s class for members, at no charge. A gift basket and a gift card for up to $1,000 was approved; Steve and Dennis will follow up. Also approved to get, two $50  gift cards for Facility members who stayed late both days during the past tournament, this should be ok’d by their supervisor.

Again, it was discussed the possibility of creating an informative video to be posted online linked to the club’s webpage as a way to welcome and provide basic orientation to new members. We will look for individuals to perform this task.

There is a need for three signatures on the Club’s Bank account. Jenny will take Borko;s place for this task.

With no further business, meeting was adjourned at 7:55 pm.
Submitted by
Jorge “George” Calderon
SDTTA Secretary

Meeting Minutes: 06-12-2017

June 12th, 2017
June 12, 2017

Meeting called to order at 7:10 pm.
Members present : Behnam Kazemi, Steve McGrew, Dennis Seisun, Borko Dragojlovic,
Perry Schwarzberg, Mario Lopez and Jorge Calderon.
Also present Jenny Hoang

Behnam thanked the Board members who helped with the recent tournament, the event was a success.
Dennis reported a positive balance of $5,000 from thet tournament, close to the $5,200 used to purchase the new barriers for the club.

Behnam informed that the Baja Team had a great performance and took many of the prizes.

Main issue with the tournament related to the delay between games and events taking 12 and 13 hours each day. Consideration given to prevent this as much as possible when making the bid for next year.
A request to have a Women’s only event was discussed. Good idea but no volunteers to run it.

Steve is looking into ordering T-shirt for sale to club members, item mostly requested during the tournament, he also mentioned that new tables in storage will be assembled and older tables will be sold. (two at a time). Also suggested that older barriers be offered to members to pick up for free, and discard old damaged nets and other items piled up “in the corner”, welcome suggestion was agreed.

A motion to gift one of the used tables to the non-profit Mira Mesa club was approved.

A summer tournament was discussed as one of the new activities for the Club, Saturday seems to be the best day of the week, leaving some tables for open play.

Perry related his concern about “new people” coming to the club and not having designated member(s) greeting them, giving the instructions and showing them how to care for the club equipment.

A motion to create a position of “Club Pro” with a stipend of $200 a month was made by Perry,
motion was discussed but NOT approved. The possibility of creating an informational video to be posted online, linked to our web page was briefly discussed, plan to follow next meeting.

Perry informed he will be having coaching sessions for women on Fridays for the next 8 weeks,
With no further items, meeting was adjourned al 8.00pm

Submitted by
Jorge “George” Calderon
Secretary

More Training Videos by Yangyang Jia

June 6th, 2017