Home > Meeting Minutes, News > Meeting Minutes: 06-14-2011

Meeting Minutes: 06-14-2011

San Diego Table Tennis Association

Board Meeting, 2010

June 14, 2011

Balboa Park Activity Center Board Room

This meeting is open to all members of the SDTTA.

Call to order by Ron at 7:05 pm.

SDTTA Board Members Present:   Mark, James, Jock, Borko, Ron Spencer, and Shelley

SDTTA Board Members Absent:   Bill Chang

SDTTA Board Member minutes for April and May were passed by James and seconded by Mark.  It was decided by the Board Members that the minutes should be posted on our website after they have been approved and to let Daryl know.

Communications not on the agenda have a limit of 3 minutes.

Action Items:

  1. Webmaster Report:  Daryl did not have anything to add.  Mark brought up the possibility of having another person offer a design for our website.  The board agreed to have Mark invite this person to our board meeting and show us what he could do.
  2. Peewee / Jr Report/ Angie – Brana – Earl.  No report.
  3. Treasurer’s Report:  Bill emailed the treasurer’s report that balanced the SDTTA account through May 31, 2011. A check for $1524 was received from Attila Malek from the SD Power Pong tournament and is to be applied towards equipment. 
  4. Equipment and membership report. Borko stated that four complete net sets are junked.  The board is planning to buy new tables and starting a list to sell old tables.  Borko has been in touch with the Butterfly rep and there are four tables available from a tournament waiting in a warehouse to be purchased.  We need to have Daryl put on our website that the club is selling our old tables for $500 and to contact/see Borko.  We need the new tables before we let the old ones go.  Borko stated that there are two people interested in buying the tables.             
  5. Executive Director’s report:  No report.
  6. Old Business.  The SDTTA picnic will be Saturday, August 13 from 12 – 3 pm.  There will be posted a list for members to sign that they will be attending.  There is to be a free raffle organized by Jock.  Ron will check out some people who will be providing music.  We will provide the drinks and ice.  Board members will be bringing ice chests (Ron, Mark, & Shelley).  Ron is going to contact Michelle to reserve back area for picnic.
  7. New Business.
    1. An official policy to address a pressing concern regarding players putting the table and connecting barriers away unless someone states that they will put them away later.  Ron will type it up.
    2. We need a suggestion box with pad and pen.  Shelley volunteered to bring one in.

Then motion was made to adjourn by Jock and seconded by James.


The next meeting is July 12, 2011.

Respectfully Submitted, 

Shelley Hardy, SDTTA Secretary

  1. No comments yet.