directions icon
directions icon
The Mission of SDTTA is to foster a community of table tennis enthusiasts; a place where players of all levels can discover their passion for the sport, develop their skills and health, and compete regularly in a friendly atmosphere.

Successful Picnic

September 11th, 2017

We had a great picnic on Saturday, Sept 9th! A big thank you to those that joined us with their pot luck contribution. Thanks to James for co-ordinating the effort. Several members have asked for this event to be repeated.

Join us at the board meeting to request it 🙂

Meeting Minutes: 08-14-2017

August 14th, 2017
Monday August 14

Meeting called to order at 7:12 pm.
Members present : Behnam Kazemi, Dennis Seisun, Steve McGrew, Jenny Hoang, Mario Lopez, Perry Schwatrzberg and Jorge Calderon.
Minutes from previous meeting were reviewed and approved. The motion to purchase gift cards for facility employees was not executed because their supervisor did not approve.
Dennis reported that a check payment for the t-shirts was issued.  A $1,000 check was sent to Borko as approved last meeting. New memberships continue to come in and he updates the list accordingly.
Behnam requested to go back to the 2nd TUESDAY of the month at 7 pm, for the Club's Board monthly meetings, all board members agreed, Perry will have to modify his schedule of lessons.
Behnam reported the request of the Vietnamese TT club to have our club donating a used table. Issue was discussed and donation of one used table was approved.
Steve indicated there is one table for sale, board members agreed to sell one of the blue tables. He also informed that the T-shirts will be available next week. Price of $20 (Twenty dollars) a piece was agreed.
Jenny requested to look into providing a class for women with a female coach.
Regarding the annual picnic, James was invited to this meeting but he did not come, flyers announcing the picnic and discussion of details of the planning were expected by now, Steve will contact the possible sources for catering and purchase needed items from Costco. Dennis and Jenny will take charge of the flyers.
Regarding Coaching, extensive discussion about the club subsidizing classes for member groups (Club would pay Coach a fixed amount for a 2-hour class once a week), participating players would pay a $5 fee per class; trial basis for a couple of months and reevaluation was also considered. Behnam requested coaches to offer their time and expertise (like Borko did at no charge, for several years) to some degree to compensate for the use of facility and equipment, for their business. Perry will discuss this with the other coaches, follow up on this issue needed next meeting.
Perry was concerned about nets, apparently we have plenty according to Steve.
Another item needing follow up: possible informative club video to be posted on our web page.

No further items, meeting adjourned at 7:55pm.

Submitted by

Jorge "George" Calderon
SDTTA Secretary

Meeting Minutes: 07-10-2017

July 10th, 2017
Monday July 10, 2017

Meeting called to order at 7:10pm; Board members present Behnam Kazemi, Dennis Seisun, Steve McGrew, Perry Schwartzberg and Jorge Calderon. Absent: Borko Dragojlovic and Mario Lopez. Also present Pisa Ketthong, James Khan and Jenny Hoang.

Board Meeting minutes from June's meeting were approved.

Pisa commented on some members being confused about who are the coaches in the club; at this time since Borko stopped coaching for health reasons, only Perry and Pisa are registered as club coaches and Yang Jang has started the application process.

Borko has resigned to the Board position and Jenny has agreed to step in until the new elections at the end of the year. Motion approved.

A tournament participant's request for a refund was determined to be forwarded to the organizer, Atilla. Agreed by all members.

Steve and Perry indicated that (105) new  barriers were in, at a cost of $5,250. Some of the old barriers are in need of replacement of the rubber footings. The remaining old barriers will be offered/sold to club members wanting them.

The annual picnic will take place on Saturday Sept 9th at noon. Combination of pot luck and some catering by the club. James will be in charge. Advertising the picnic and providing some prizes was discussed, more to follow next month.

Steve reported he is working on ordering shirts with the Club's Logo for sale to members, the approximate cost around $20. Agreed to order 50 shirts in different sizes.

Board members encouraged to remind players to fold tables and put barriers away after using them, mostly within last two hours of club's operation, after 7 - 7:30 depending on the week day, and, when round robin is over on Thursdays.

It was agreed to recognize Borko for all the years he supported the club's activities and held the Saturday Senior's class for members, at no charge. A gift basket and a gift card for up to $1,000 was approved; Steve and Dennis will follow up. Also approved to get, two $50  gift cards for Facility members who stayed late both days during the past tournament, this should be ok'd by their supervisor.

Again, it was discussed the possibility of creating an informative video to be posted online linked to the club's webpage as a way to welcome and provide basic orientation to new members. We will look for individuals to perform this task.

There is a need for three signatures on the Club's Bank account. Jenny will take Borko;s place for this task.

With no further business, meeting was adjourned at 7:55 pm.
Submitted by
Jorge "George" Calderon
SDTTA Secretary