Home > Meeting Minutes, News > Meeting Minutes: 3-8-2014

Meeting Minutes: 3-8-2014

San Diego Table Tennis Association Board Meeting

March  8th, 2014

Balboa Park Activity Center


This meeting is open to all members of the SDTTA.

Call to order 11:45am at Simon Burgers by James.

SDTTA Board Members Present: Bob Koch, James Kahn, Mark Adelman, Behnam Kazemi, John Anderson and Simon Lee.

SDTTA Board Member(s) absent:  Peter Sanidad

SDTTA Member(s) Present:

Communications not on agenda have a limit of 3 minutes.

The motion was made to approve the SDTTA Board Member minutes for Feb 2014 by James and seconded by John. The board carried the motion.

Treasurer’s Report:  John Anderson passed out the Treasurer’s Report which has been reconciled through February 2014.

Webmaster Report/ Daryl Sterling: No report.

Membership Report: No report.

Equipment Report: There are 3 boxes of broken/discarded nets and accessories that are in the storage room being neglected. Bob has volunteered to takes these nets and try to repair them and make complete sets from all of the various parts. He will report back at the next meeting on his progress.

Action Items:

  1. The new shirts will be advertised on the website at $20 for the plain shirts and $25 for the logo shirts. Shirts for the team players in the upcoming Friendship tournament will be free (donations accepted). James made a motion to give free shirts for board members. John seconded the motion and it was approved by the board.

  2. For the upcoming Neil Smyth Tournament, we will not promoting via NATT, but rather Atilla will promote the tournament through his channels.

  3. Atilla will find top players for the Neil Smyth Tournament and the club will pay for the airfare and hotel for up to 4 players. The club will be flexible as far as the players ratings are concerned.

  4. The idea of setting up committees for equipment setup and advertising was brought up. Bob will head up the equipment committee and Mark will head up the advertising committee.

  5. The Korean Church would like to reserve 2 rows of tables for a gathering on either 4/26 or 5/3. It was approved unanimously by the board.

  6. The board approved the sale of 2 tables to the Carmel Valley Rec Center at $600 apiece.

  7. James will talk to Andre about purchasing 5 new tables.

  8. Simon has volunteered to supply the food for the upcoming Neil Smyth Tournament. James will talk to Michelle, of BPAC, to see what needs to be done to get this approved. Simon also made the generous gesture of donating all the money, from the food sales, back to the club.

  9. James will talk with prospective coaches DJ Alto, Barney Reed and Milosz Przybylik about what their expectations are of coaching for the club.

  10. Behnam has tentatively setup a Friendship tournament for April 12th with the Baja and Zaman clubs.

  11. There will be an equipment exchange/upgrade/swapmeet on April 19th at the club. We hope to get Emilian Mihet involved with this since he has the knowledge and equipment (rubber and blades) to help out the members who have any questions.

  12. It was suggested that we should start doing spot-checks on the members to see if their memberships are current. Another option was suggested we verify membership at the time of sign-up during the Thursday round-robin event.


The motion to adjourn was made by James and seconded by Mark at 1:07pm.

The next meeting is April 8th at 7:00pm.

Respectfully Submitted,

Bob Koch, SDTTA Secretary

  1. No comments yet.